Applying for the Combined BA (or BS)/MS Degree Program
To be considered for the Combined BA (or BS)/MS Degree Program in Statistics a student must have:
- Completed the STAT 320-1,2,3 course sequence or the equivalent with grades of A or A- in all three courses by the end of their third/Junior year at Northwestern. Exceptions may be considered for students from non-stat majors with strong quantitative training.
- One to four courses remaining to complete their bachelor’s degree by the beginning of fall quarter of their 4th/senior year.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
When to Apply
Students should apply to the Bachelor's/Master's Combined Degree program via the TGS online application during their junior year.
Applications are due by May 15.
How to Apply
To apply, students should access the TGS application here: https://www.applyweb.com/nugrad/index.ftl.
Applicants should select "Combined Degree" as the App Type on the first page of the form to be routed correctly through the rest of the application
Applicants will provide the online application form which includes:
- One scanned copy of transcript
- A CV
- Academic Statement
- Two letters of recommendation
If students have questions about the TGS application, they should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If students have questions about the Combined BA (or BS)/MS Degree Program in Statistics they should contact email@example.com
More information about combined degrees can be found at The Graduate School’s Combined Degree webpage