Applying for the Combined BA (or BS)/MS Degree Program
To be considered for the Combined BA (or BS)/MS Degree Program in Statistics a student must have:
- Completed the STAT 320-1,2,3 course sequence or the equivalent with grades of A or A- in all three courses by the end of their third/Junior year at Northwestern. Exceptions may be considered for students from non-stat majors with strong quantitative training.
- One to four courses remaining to complete their bachelor’s degree by the beginning of fall quarter of their 4th/senior year.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
When to Apply
Students should apply to the Bachelor's/Master's Combined Degree program via the TGS online application during their junior year.
Applications are due by May 15.
How to Apply
To apply, students should access the TGS application here: https://www.applyweb.com/nugrad/index.ftl.
Applicants will need to answer the questions on the first page as follows to be routed correctly through the rest of the application:
- Have you ever applied to Northwestern University (any degree level)? Yes
- Please select one: I am a new or returning applicant to The Graduate School (I have never applied to The Graduate School or I have applied to The Graduate School but did not become a student
- Are you interested in our Bachelor’s/Master’s Combined Degree program? Yes
Applicants will provide the online application form which includes:
- One scanned copy of transcript
- A CV
- A statement of purpose
- Two letters of recommendation
If students have questions about the TGS application, they should contact email@example.com
If students have questions about the Combined BA (or BS)/MS Degree Program in Statistics they should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about combined degrees can be found at The Graduate School’s Combined Degree webpageBack to top