How to Apply
Students wishing to apply for admittance into the Department of Statistics and Data Science MS in Statistics program will apply through The Graduate School (TGS) of Northwestern University’s online application system. Please review the TGS Application Requirements for information on the application process, fees, required documents, and to access the online application.
- Course work in multivariate calculus and linear algebra
- Overall GPA>=3.0
- Undergraduate research experience is generally not required, but desired
- GRE is optional, not required. If provided, GRE score must be received directly from ETS
- A minimum of TOEFL score of 80 or IELTS of 7 or equivalent is required. The TOEFL score can be waived if the applicant has completed an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution where the language of instruction is English. Official scores must be less than 2 years old and must come directly from ETS
- GRE and TOEFL Information
The Department of Statistics and Data Science accepts applications for full time students entering in fall quarter only. Applications are accepted exclusively through the TGS online application system.
The online system opens in early September.
Application Deadline: Applications (including supporting materials) must be received by January 15.
Decisions: Admission decisions are made by April 15. In general, admission is offered only for fall of each academic year.
Submit online through the TGS application system:
- Application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- One scanned copy of transcript or academic record from each school you have attended
- Statement of purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS score if international student (The TOEFL/IELTS score can be waived if the applicant has completed an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution, where the language of instruction is English)
Questions: please contact the MS in Statistics Program Director, Hongmei Jiang email@example.com
Back to top