Ad Hoc MS in Applied Statistics candidates are required to complete a Culminating Project using statistics as part of their degree completion. The statistics included should be above and beyond what is typical in their field and should build off what has been learned in the MS coursework. This project is typically work that will be included in the student’s PhD thesis but can also be a stand-alone project.
The project is formally proposed for approval using the form below once coursework for the degree has been completed or is close to complete.
Culminating Project Proposal Submission and Approval
When you are ready to propose your final project, follow these steps:
- Complete a Ad Hoc MS Culminating Experience Project Proposal Form
- Submit the completed form to Ad Hoc MS in Applied Statistics Program Director, Elizabeth Tipton, and Business Coordinator, Kisa Kowal, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- A copy of the form will be returned to you with the department's expectations for the project and the Director’s approval with a cc to the Business Coordinator
- The Business Coordinator will record your project approval and when you are expected to submit the project by
Submitting Your Completed Culminating Project
Once you have completed your approved Culminating Project:
- Submit the completed to the Ad Hoc MS Applied Statistics Program Director, Elizabeth Tipton, and Business Coordinator, Kisa Kowal, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- The Ad Hoc MS in Applied Statistics Program Director will review your culminating project and request revisions if needed
- The Business Coordinator will begin the process of confirming completion of degree coursework
- Ad Hoc MS in Applied Statistics Program Director will confirm approval of your completed culminating project via email with a cc to the Business Coordinator
- You will then move to Completing the Master of Science in Applied Statistics Degree
Note: The culminating project must be submitted and approved before the department can approve the TGS Master’s Degree Completion form in GSTS.