Students with excellent quantitative training and an interest in applications are encouraged to apply for admission to the graduate program in statistics.
- Applicants for this doctoral program should have had courses in linear algebra, advanced calculus, and statistics.
- For the Fall 2021 application cycle, the GRE will be optional. Typically candidates must have taken the GRE, although no set minimum is required for application consideration.
- TOEFL minimum score is 90. Lower scores will not be considered.
- Both GRE and TOEFL scores must be received directly from ETS.
- GRE and TOEFL Information
Students wishing to apply for admittance into the Department of Statistics PhD program will apply through The Graduate School (TGS) of Northwestern University’s online application system. Please review the TGS Application Requirements for information on the application process, fees, required documents, and to access the online application.
The Department of Statistics accepts applications for full time students entering in fall quarter only. Applications are accepted exclusively through the TGS online application system.
The online system opens: September 2020
Application Deadline: Applications (including supporting materials) must be received by January 5, 2021.
Decisions: Admission decisions are made by April 15. In general, admission is offered only for fall of each academic year.
Back to top